A vital part of a successful online order solution is ensuring the staff at the restaurant is aware of an incoming online order. The last thing anyone wants is for a customer to show up at the restaurant and their order not be ready due to no notification received by the staff.
The Online Order application has multiple methods of notifying the restaurant staff that an order has just been processed:
- Full-Screen Notification on the Clover device(s)
- Auto Print to Clover printer(s)
- Receive an Email Notification Message
- Receive an SMS (Text Message) Notification Message
The alerts that arrive at the Clover devices are fundamental, but the ones that complement are the email notifications.
The benefits that can be obtained by enabling our email alerts are the following:
- Increased reliability
- All order information in the body of the email
- Possible to reject/void an order
- Easy access on desktop, mobile and tablet
- No issues with cellular carrier blocking the SMS (text message)
Getting Access to your email's inbox can be as easy as accessing your SMS Texts. You just need to add to the main screen of your mobile device your email app and setup notifications. Here are some steps for Gmail and Hotmail.
To enable the Email alerts:
- Login to your Clover Web Dashboard
- Click on the Online Order tab
- Access the Orderspoon Dashboard
- Click on the Settings Tab
- In the Email Alert fields, add an email address
- Click on Save
Once a customer places an Order on the Menu Site, you will receive the following Order information:
- Order #
- Order notes
- Customer information
- Items and the total amount
The email looks like this:
- Click on the ''Open POS Receipt'' if Clover Payment ticket review is needed
- If a refund is required you will read ''Please open this link to reject this order'' on the bottom. Click on the word link and you will get to this page:
- Click on the red button ''Reject'' and then confirm that you want to Reject that Order
- The Order has been cancelled and a refund will be processed for your customer. The customer will receive a notification that their order has been cancelled and a refund processed.
How to Get Help:
Our helpdesk is staffed from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, Monday to Friday.
Please leave a voice message if you reach us outside of normal business hours. (650) 681-0400
If you need help at any time, go to our Support & FAQ site to find answers to common questions and video tutorials.