How to enable Group Order
Group Order allows multiple customers to submit Items into 1 order.
The first customer initiates the Group Order and provides the other customers with a link to add the items to the Orderspoon group order.
Steps to enable Group Order
Login to your Clover web dashboard
Open the Online Order + Serverless Dining app
Click Settings and choose General
Toggle on Group Orders
*Once a Group Order is started, it must be completed within 6 hours.
Otherwise, the Group Order URL will expire and a new one has to be generated.
Steps to place a Group Order
The paying customer (Main Customer) starts the Group Order by clicking on the Group Order button located below the View Hours button on your Orderspoon site.
- The Create Group Order menu allows the Main Customer to set an order total limit for each of the other customers submitting Items into the Group Order (Secondary Customers). There are some existing amounts to choose from, or the customer can create a Custom amount. Once the amount is set, click on Create Group Order.
- After the Group Order has been created, a new box opens up. Here the Main Customer can
- Verify the Group Order limit that was set, and the Group Order URL. This is the URL that needs to be shared to the Secondary Customers.
- Cancel the Group Order
- Copy the Group Order URL using the green Copy URL button that will copy the URL to the computer's clipboard. Once this button is clicked, the Main Customer will be automatically redirected to the Orderspoon site. Once here, the Main Customer can start sharing the URL to the Secondary customers and stand by.
- The Secondary Customers can open the Group Order URL in their browser of choice (except Internet Explorer). They will have a Group Order box open up. Once here, they can set their name. Once the Set name button is clicked, they will be directed to the menu site so they can start adding items to their order.
- When a Secondary Customer is ready to submit their order to the Group Order, the only thing they need to do is click on the Finish my order button on the Orderspoon site. When they do, the Orderspoon site will reload without their order information. This means that the order has been submitted successfully.
- Once the Main Customer is certain that all the Secondary Customers have finished placing their order, the Main Customer can select their items of choice for the order. Once added to the cart, the Main Customer will be able to see all the Secondary Customer's items and names.
- Once here, the Main Customer can proceed with checkout as usual.
How to get help:
If you need help at any time, you can easily find articles on our Support & FAQ site for the most common topics and questions.
Need more help? Call us at (650) 681-0400.
Our helpdesk is staffed from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, Monday to Friday. Please leave a voice message if you reach outside normal business hours. You can also contact our Support Team at email@example.com.
How to Enable Order Notes
In order to have your table numbers and customer information showing on your order receipts for Contactless Dining, it is necessary to make sure that Order Notes are enabled for your order receipts. Steps to enable Order Notes Access your Clover Web ...
Order Later (Future Order)
Order Later & Order Later Time Limit The Orderspoon app gives you the option to accept future orders. With the "Order Later" feature enabled, your customers can submit orders up to 6 months in advance. You choose how many days in advance the customer ...
Order Management (Order Cap)
Order Cap & Order Cap Interval The Orderspoon app gives you the option to control how many orders your business receives within a specified time frame. This feature helps to keep your kitchen staff from being overwhelmed by online orders. You can ...
How to enable my Orderspoon Order number on my Clover Online Receipt
The orders placed on your Orderspoon restaurant site have an Order title and Order number. You can enable on the Clover web dashboard a setting that allows the order title + order number to appear on your Clover Online Receipts. Steps to enable the ...
How to enable Popular Items
The Online Order application can create the "Popular items" Category and add the Items most sold online automatically to this category. } This new category will appear at the top of the Orderspoon menu. To enable the "Popular" Category: Log in to ...