How to Set-up the Bumpbar and Android stick Conversion Kit
Please be advised that currently, the bumpbar is not compatible with Kitchen Display Full Service Mode. It only functions with Kitchen Display Quick Service Mode.
The following steps will assist you in setting up the conversion kit so that you can use the Kitchen Display app with any HDMI-compatible display, like a computer monitor or television.
Steps to setting up the Android stick
You'll need an USB keyboard and mouse before getting started.
- Power up the Android Stick by plugging in the provided power supply
- Connect the Android Stick to the display with the provided HDMI cable
- Connect the keyboard and mouse to the USB port at the end of the stick, not the side. Verify that you can use the mouse to move the pointer in the screen
- Connect the Android Stick PC to your WiFi Internet or use an Ethernet cable
- Test the Internet connection by opening the "Browser" and going to "www.bandwidthplace.com"
- Set up the date & time
- Go to the "Setting" icon which is a gray gear in the bottom center-right section of the screen
- Navigate to "Date and time"
- Ensure that the time zone and time are correctly set
- Enable the 24-hour format.
Steps to download & link the Kitchen Display App
The next step is to download the Kitchen Display app on the Android Stick and then linking it to your store. We use the Google Play store to distribute our app because it's easy-to-use and can automatically keep the app up-to-date with the latest version.
- From your Clover device, install the Kitchen Display app in the Clover App Market
- Open the Google Play Store in the Android Stick
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don't have one yet, you can create one. Note that you can use any Google email address (Gmail) to open a Google account.
- Search for "Kitchen Display for Clover"
- Tap on the "Install" button to install it on the device
- Once it's complete, click on "Open"
- Give the app a moment as it attempts to connect to Clover. It will initially fail as there is no merchant account information associated with it
- Tap on "Settings" on the top right corner
- Click on "Link to Clover"
- Enter your email address and password and login. The email/pwd combination is the same one used to login to your Clover Web dashboard. If you have more than one store, you may have a list of stores to select from
- You'll land on a confirmation page and then be automatically brought back to the main app
At this point, your app is linked and orders should show up. For troubleshooting, you can check the FAQs
Steps to connect the Bumpbar
- Unplug the keyboard from the stick PC
- Plug in the pre-programmed bumpbar
- Ensure the keypad layout cover is placed on the bar so that the keys are labeled
- Test out the various functions such as moving around with the arrow keys and bumping orders
Need more help?
Our helpdesk is staffed from 8 am to 8 pm Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday and 8 am to 5 pm during the weekends.
Please leave a message if you reach us outside of normal business hours, (650) 681-0400.
You can also contact our Support Team at email@example.com
Android Devices compatible with Kitchen Display
The Kitchen Display app will run on a wide range of Android devices including smartphones and tablets. If the device is running on the Android operating system version 5.0 or higher, Kitchen Display will run seamlessly. Where can you get compatible ...
How to purchase a Bumpbar Mounting Bracket
There is a mounting bracket available for Kitchen Display Bumpbar. This mounting bracket is available from the manufacturer of our bumbpar, also the price is set and determined by the manufacturer. How to order a Bumpbar mounting bracket Orders and ...
Can I demo the Kitchen Display without buying an Android tablet?
If you are considering the Kitchen Display and don't have an Android tablet to mount in your food preparation area, here's what you can do to test the app. Options to demo Kitchen Display. Use your Clover Station: You can follow the Install and ...
How to verify if the Android device has wrong date & time
Wrong Date & time is the most common reason for Kitchen Display not to show the orders. When the Date & time are wrongly set, the apps can have connectivity issues, fortunately, this is an easy-to-fix issue. Steps to set up the Date & time Access the ...
How to use a bumpbar or keypad
Please be advised that currently, the bumpbar is not compatible with Kitchen Display Full Service Mode. It only functions in Kitchen Display Quick Service Mode. To enable merchants and their staff to use a keypad or bumpbar instead of a touch ...