How to Use Contactless Dining (Beta)
Contactless Dining offers restaurant owners an alternative adapted to the pandemic crisis and future health issues that will require a minimum interaction between employees and customers. With this feature, you'll be able to manage your available physical space and bring your customers a safe way to have a dining experience
- Have spoken with our Support Team to enroll Contactless Dining (Beta)
- Verify Order Alert v1.5.2 is installed on the device
Open Order Alert
on your Clover device and take a look at the bottom left corner of the window:
- Make sure that all of the items available for the Restaurant's Orderspoon menu have active labels on the printers.
- Open your Clover Account
- Click on Inventory
Select Labels when the drop-down menu expands, and from here you can take a look at your labeled items or create one:
- Access your Orderspoon's Merchant dashboard .
- Click Order Types
- Select Contactless Dining and a new set of options will appear.
- Enter the number of tables that you want to work with.
- Click Generate and your QR Codes will be generated, which are available for testing in the link underneath each code.
Click Print Preview and a new tab will open. Here you can change the Title, Subtitle, and Table name, and after setting up all the necessary information, press ctrl + p or cmd + P to print your QR code table.
With the printed QR codes you can put them on the tables in the way you think most convenient, customers can scan the code with their smartphone cameras and place their orders.
Contactless dining can be used in two modes.
Open Table on and Open Table off.
Open Table on
Customers can add items to their order at different times, once the customer adds the item and the ticket is printed, the customer can no longer cancel the item.
Payment will be made once the customer no longer wishes to add more items to the order. It is a one-time payment for the entire order. This type of service may motivate the customer to order a greater number of items due to the openness given to order at different times.
Open Table Off
In this setting, each time the customer adds items, he/she must pay for the items added for the order to be generated. This could reduce the total number of items ordered by the customer because they will have to go through the checkout process each time they want to order more items for their table.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device. The Contactless dining menu will load.
- At the top left will be the menu, click and then select Sign in.
The customer's phone number will be requested to Sign in. Type the number and click next, a 6 digits code will be sent. Type the code and sign in.
Add items to the cart and click Checkout
The customer can choose whether to pay for the items or open a table (Open order on the Clover device). In case of having Open Table Off, it will only give the option to pay now for the items (If Open Table is Off jump to step 10).
When opening a table, the customer must fill in the account information (add the card information with which he/she will pay).
Here the customer will be able to see the items added to the cart. At the "X" they can delete the items before placing the order. By clicking Close Tab, the customer will be sent to the Checkout. Clicking Add to Tab will open the Order, after that the added items will not be able to be deleted by the Customer.
Now the customer can access the cart. The items already added to the Order cannot be deleted, the items added to the Cart but not yet on the table, are available to be deleted.
- When the customer wants to pay, make sure that all items have already been added to the Tab. The customer has to click on Close Tab and the page will redirect to the Checkout.
- After the customer confirms the items to be paid, click on Pay - "Order Amount".
The order will be paid, the order total and payment information will be displayed.
- Pay in cash will not be an option at Contactless dining.
- If a customer pays the order at the register will cause a misunderstanding at the Checkout of Contactless dining.
- If an item is added to the Contactless dining order on a Clover device, will cause misunderstandings at the checkout.
- Each device will create its own Order ID labeled with the table #, even if access with the same account. One table can have multiples Orders IDs at the same time.
- Once the items have been added to the table(At this moment they are printed), they are no longer able to be deleted.
- The menu available for Contactless dining is the menu you have on Orderspoon, not on your Clover device's Register.
How to Get Help:
Our helpdesk is staffed from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, Monday to Friday.
Please leave a voice message if you reach us outside of normal business hours. (650) 681-0400
If you need help at any time, go to our Support & FAQ site to find answers to common questions and video tutorials.
How to Create/Delete Tables for Contactless Dining
The restaurant tables using Contactless Dining will need to be created first in your Orderspoon Dashboard to match the tables or spaces you want to use Contactless Dining for. In this guide, you'll learn how to create, delete and customize these ...
How to Setup our Printers for Contactless Dining
In this article, you will learn how to route your Contactless Dining order receipts to specific printers. This option will let you receive your items in the right places when "firing" from our platform. Steps to assign labels to your printers Open ...
How to Setup Printer Labels for Contactless Dining
Clover Inventory labels are used to route Clover Inventory Items to specific printers so your order receipts will print only what exact items are needed at each station. This is a vital step to make ensure Contactless Dining works correctly. That's ...
How to Enable Contactless Dining and Choose a Table Type
Contactless Dining offers restaurant owners an alternative method of accepting orders from your customers servers. It is adapted to the pandemic crisis that will help minimize interaction between your employees and your customers. With this feature ...
How to use Dynamic Prep. Times
With Orderspoon Online Ordering you can set an Average Prep. Time for your online orders but if your items on the menu have wide differences on prep times you can use the Dynamic prep. time, this feature creates a time span for the customers' ETA ...